The South Carolina Dialogue Foundation (SCDF) would like to invite you to participate in the Future Leaders Project Contest. We have offered similar contests to middle and high school students, and are pleased to now expand to include college students. We offer first and second place winners trips to Turkey, a life changing event that should not be missed. We encourage all college students to take the opportunity to enter the contest. Please see the information below explaining the project details and submission guidelines.
What is a Project Contest?
Participants are asked to submit a detailed proposal that recommends an original project which:
• uses social media to foster dialogue among individuals and communities, (and/or)
• contributes to local and global peace by promoting values such as: respect, acceptance, dialogue, love, richness of faith and culture.
• Proposals may be submitted by individuals only (i.e. no groups).
• Proposals should be no more than 3000 words in length and written in Times New Roman font, size 12.
• Proposals should contain a title page, abstract, introduction, project description, project objectives and goals, plan of action, and a conclusion.
• Upon submission, each participant consents to his/her proposal and/or ideas being absorbed, modified and/or implemented by the SCDF for promotional and/or informational purposes.
• The deadline to submit proposals is March 14, 2014. No proposals will be accepted after this date.
Judging & Awards:
Proposals will be evaluated by the Executive and Advisory Board of the SCDF. All evaluations will be based on the project's creativity, uniqueness, applicability, and the SCDF's mission and vision.
First Place Award: Dialogue Trip to Turkey during Summer 2014 for 10 days *
Second Place Award: Dialogue Trip to Turkey during Summer 2014 for 10 days with administrative fee of $750*
Third, Fourth and Fifth Place Awards: Dialogue Trip to SC Senate House tour and lunch with State Senators
*Details of the trip: All expenses including accommodation, local transportation, food , and admission fees to museums, etc. will be covered by South Carolina Dialogue Foundation. However, the participant will be responsible for purchasing the international roundtrip airfare to and from Istanbul.